Now Hiring: Front End Developer
Table of Contents
We need help so we’re looking for an amazing front-end developer that specializes in WordPress. This is a full-time, in office job so sorry, no outsourcing.
Matchbox Design Group is seeking a front end web developer for a full-time position at our office in St. Louis, Missouri. We’re looking for someone that is fun, creative, has exceptional communication skills, and is able to work well in a team environment. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of professional experience in the field and be ready to start immediately.
The position: Front End Developer
Things we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in the creative industry
- Experience developing sites for WordPress that utilize custom post types, custom meta and responsive design
- A sharp portfolio filled with a wide range of sites
- Strong understanding of typography, grids and layout, and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of responsive design patterns, Git and other new web technologies
- Team-oriented and capable of directing developers and contractors
- You can manage your own workload
Things you’ll do:
- Convert Photoshop comps to WordPress themes
- Estimating the time required to complete the work
- Proofing/testing your code to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Contributing ideas and development strategies
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Things you need to know:
- WordPress (The loop, custom post-types, and meta)
- HTML, HTML5
- CSS, CSS3, SASS
Things that would be good to know:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Roots framework
- Joomla! CMS
- Adobe Flash (We know, it’s crazy, but some people still need it.)
Overall, you must enjoy a close team environment and a job that differs from day to day. If you have all of these qualities, we want to talk to you. Send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.