The Absolute Best Order Management Systems For eCommerce In 2021
Due to the onset of the pandemic, eCommerce hit an all-time high in 2020. Key findings indicated that consumers spent $861.12 billion online in 2020 – up 44% year over year. While an impressive number, it also put a strain on supply chains and caused numerous brands to reevaluate their operations.
As eCommerce continues to grow, competition is fierce, and retailers need to be both nimble and shock-proof to remain competitive in this cutthroat environment. A great way to offset these challenges of an online-only system is to expand your digital footprint. You need to sell on online marketplaces and start your own online store.
However, the addition of multiple sales channels can be overwhelming to handle. If you’re looking to keep up with customer expectations, your competition, and your internal business processes it’s time to consider an Order Management System.
What Is An Order Management System?
An Order Management System (OMS) allows you to manage the lifecycle of an order. You can track everything from order entry to inventory management, order fulfillment, and more. It’s not just for businesses; Order Management Systems also offer visibility to customers as they can check when their order will arrive.
An Order Management System helps rectify the issue that most organizations face – losing visibility and control of the order. As an Order Management System consists of every supply chain process, it can help control costs, reduce errors, and generate more revenue.
Additionally, Order Management Systems can also help with increasing overall customer satisfaction. In the current digital age, customers have high expectations and want a seamless experience when shopping online. Either than expecting great customer service, they also want to receive updates, track their order, and quickly refund their products in case of any issues. With an Order Management System, you’ll be able to provide a great experience during every step of the customer journey.
The Five Best Order Management Systems For Ecommerce
With a plethora of Order Management Systems out there, it can be challenging to choose which one to use – especially if you’re new to Order Management Systems. Here is a curated list of the five best Order Management Systems for Ecommerce in 2021:
Quickbooks: Best For Small Businesses
If you run a small business, Quickbooks is an excellent Order Management System to start with. Not only will it be easy to track and fulfill your orders, but your inventory supplier and customer data can also be synced and fully integrated into one system.
Quickbooks can help with every stage of the order process, from creation to fulfillment. Here are some examples:
- You can easily create quotes using Quickbooks.
- Quickbooks can mark committed stock and assist with receiving payments.
- It can email your customer an invoice and mark orders according to their current status.
- Once you’ve shipped items, Quickbooks can help mark the order as unpaid or paid.
…and here are some of Quickbooks other important main features:
- Control all your sales channels in one system – With Quickbooks, you can bring all your orders into one central system.
- Sync your orders with your inventory – You won’t have to deal with time-consuming order creations or double handling errors with the system’s order tracking software.
- Access real-time sales reports – You can stay-up-to-date and get real-time sales data.
- Easily create sales orders – At a tradeshow or meeting? With Quickbooks, you can plug in your sales orders through the iOS mobile app. The orders will automatically sync with your inventory management software.
Quickbooks has a couple of pricing options depending on your needs. If you’re a small business, they have a small business plan that’s $199/month billed annually, and you can benefit from:
- 1,000 sales orders per month.
- Two sales channel integrations.
- Five users.
Otherwise, they also have a founder, lite, and business option. If you’d like to give Quickbooks a shot, you can also start a full-featured trial with them and pick your preferred plan later.
Brightpearl: Best For Omnichannel/ Multichannel
Brightpearl is a multichannel Order Management System built for both retailers and wholesalers. The platform supports Amazon sellers, eBay sellers, Shopify users, and more. With Brightpearl, you’ll be able to manage all of your online and offline orders in the same place. Multichannel order management is much simpler with this Order Management System, and you can view orders, fulfillment, shipping, and invoice all in one place.
Some Of Brightpearl’s Main Features Include:
- Order processing automation – Brightpearl has an efficient automation engine that will automate any repeatable order management task. With that, it’ll help to reduce both order processing and delivery times.
- Makes multichannel order fulfillment simple – You’ll be able to handle multiple orders across various sales channels with ease.
- Have an understanding of your sales performance – With Brightpearl, you’ll have access to deep insights on the performance of your sales channel, enabling data-driven decisions.
- Streamline of all post-purchase operations – Brightpearl simplifies the order management process while boosting your operational efficiency. Pick from inventory management to accounting, supplier management, CRM, and more.
- Plenty of business growth – Brightpearl has sales channel integrations that will help manage orders as your business grows.
Brightpearl has two subscription options on their website – one for small to mid-sized brands and retailers, the other for mid-market brands and retailers. They each come with their own set of features, but there’s no pricing listed on their website.
Brightpearl provides a customized quote to each of their customers based on their specific business requirements. If you’d like to go ahead with Brightpearl, you can contact the business, and they’ll provide you with a solution that meets your needs.
Odoo: Best For Open Source Order Management
Odoo is a suite of open source business apps that cover all your company needs. The platform will help you with maximizing your warehouse efficiency and improve your overall performance.
Some of Odoo’s main features include:
- Smart double-entry inventory system – Odoo has a double-entry inventory feature that allows for an efficient stocking method to improve all of your internal operations.
- Fully automated replenishment – Order points and automated RFQs will help to make your supply chain more efficient.
- Automation made simple – Odoo has cutting-edge automation and advanced routes to manage any warehouse.
- Traceability – You’ll be able to track every stock move from purchase to sales order.
- Complete reporting – With real-time reports, you’ll have access to crucial information. You can also customize your dashboards according to your needs.
With Odoo, pricing depends on the number of users you have and the apps you would like to add. Odoo has numerous apps from invoicing to CRM, accounting, Point of Sale, and more. If you would like, you can also add extra integrations such as UPS and DHL express shipping.
Odoo also offers a 15-day free trial, so you can test out the platform before deciding to go ahead with a subscription.
Veeqo: Best For Medium Businesses
With Veeqo, you can control everything from inventory to shipping to reporting. Thousands of eCommerce brands such as Dove and Lovisa have also used Veeqo as their Order Management System, and it is also great if you’re selling products on Amazon or Walmart.
Some of Veeqo’s main features include:
- Inventory – Access to real-time visibility across all of your sales channels.
- Picking – You’ll have access to real-time picking updates.
- Shipping – You’ll be able to quickly bulk ship orders and automate any repetitive tasks to save time. You can also streamline your shipping and integrate it globally with any shipping carrier.
- Reports And Forecasts – Have access to multichannel data for real-time decision-making. Track and audit everything from sales to even picker performance.
Veeqo has four different pricing options to choose from. The high-growth option of $202/month is ideal for medium businesses as it comes with an in-depth suite of tools for growing businesses. With this comprehensive plan, you’ll get:
- Four users
- All shipping features
- Intermediate inventory features
- Basic warehouse features
- Intermediate extras
The pricing options change based on the number of orders you’d like to process per month through Veeqo. If you’d like, you can also test out the 14-day trial to get a better idea of the features that Veeqo offers.
IBM Sterling: Best For Enterprises
IBM Sterling is the ideal Order Management System for enterprises. It provides end-to-end visibility, real-time insights, and recommended actions. It will allow enterprises to have a supply chain that is not only dynamic but also responsive and interconnected.
Some of IBM Sterling’s main features include:
- Supply chain control tower – the ability to have a single view of processes and data from disparate sources.
- Supply chain applications – Applications embedded with AI and blockchain for faster and more informed decision making.
- Supply chain insights – insights that will assist you with tailored application development and data integration.
- Business network – A cloud-based business network for multi-enterprise connectivity and a centralized hub for data management.
IBM Sterling comes with three different pricing options – essentials, standard, and premium. The standard plan would be the most popular choice for enterprises and comes with additional features from data transformation and mapping functionalities on the cloud to self-serve management. There’s also access to a 90-day cloud-based trial which can convert into a paid trial.
With eCommerce expanding at an accelerated rate and customers having higher expectations, the only way to accommodate their needs is to have faster and more personalized eCommerce processes. A robust Order Management System can achieve this as it provides a quicker, more personalized, and error-free order fulfillment experience for both businesses and customers.
About The Author
Moritz Bauer is based in Germany and started his first online store when he was 16 years old. He is also studying business administration at the master’s level and is constantly continuing his education in the field of e-commerce. Check out his content hub for Amazon sellers.