6 Powerful Ways To Earn Or Build Backlinks To Your Website
In an interview, Google’s Andrey Lipattsev was asked about the top-most ranking factors for Google. He revealed, “I can tell you what they are. It is content. And its links pointing to your site.” It means that backlinks can help your website rank higher on search engines and attract organic traffic. Learn how to earn or build backlinks to your website.
But first, let’s start with the basics. What do you mean by ‘backlinking?’ The term refers to the process of getting hyperlinks from other sites to your website, telling the search engines that your business has a trust-worthy and credible website.
According to a study by Backlinko, the website at position #1 on the SERP has, on average, around 35,000 external backlinks. It proves that more backlinks result in higher Google rankings, as shown below.
However, the kind of website traffic depends upon the quality of backlinks on your website. Therefore, getting backlinks from authoritative sites is critical.
Take A Look At Some Of The Top Website Design Companies
If you are not sure how to earn or build powerful backlinks for your website, worry not. We have got you covered. Here are six amazing ways that can help you ace the backlinking game in no time:
1. Turn Unlinked Brand Mentions Into Links
Unlinked brand mentions are references for your brand or company on published websites that are not linked back to your website. Hence, identifying and reclaiming these unlinked brand mentions is one of the easiest ways of earning high-quality backlinks.
Here, we are mentioning a few steps through which you can find the unlinked brand mentions, and reach out to the publishers for earning a high-value backlink:
- First, use an SEO tool for finding out the unlinked mentions of your brand. Don’t forget to include all potential variations of your company name, products, brand name, and services to ensure that any mention is not missed.
- Next, find the contact information of the blog’s author(s) and reach out to them. In case you are unable to find these details, you can simply use the general contact form on the website.
- One of the essential steps is to draft a persuasive pitch. You need to explain how linking to your website will be valuable for the external site’s audience as well.
- If you haven’t gained the backlink despite reaching out, follow-up. However, it is essential to set a realistic schedule for follow-ups to ensure that you’re not spamming their inbox.
2. Earn Contextual Links
Typically, a contextual link is placed within the primary content of a blog for providing links to external websites. It is no surprise that contextual linking is a very effective SEO tactic as it enhances the relevance and reliability of your content.
Here are some simple tricks of earning contextual links:
- Guest posting is one of the easiest ways of getting contextual links. By writing and posting information-rich blogs related to your niche on relevant websites, you can get a contextual link back to your site.
- Create newsworthy content that can be published on high-authority sites, like BBC, Mashable, and CNN. Backlinks from such sites help in enhancing the quality of your website traffic significantly.
- Give interviews on industry-related topics and trends which can be published on external sites, and linked back to your website. It not only helps in boosting your SEO efforts but facilitates brand image too.
3. Aim For ‘Best X’ List Mentions
In today’s information age, consumers are a lot more informed and conduct thorough research regarding the options available in the market before making a purchase. Often, they rely on comparison websites or articles, like, 6 must-have SEO tools for 2020, or 5 tips to improve your social media marketing strategy, etc.
Thus, getting list mentions from such blogs is an amazing way to reinforce your products, and services, and gain high-quality backlinks.
Below is another example of such a post that lists the top 10 coffee places in Toronto:
4. Generate Backlinks Through Infographics
According to HubSpot, infographics are the fourth most-used type of content marketing. It is because they are not just visually appealing, but sharing engaging infographics is the simplest way of generating backlinks in a short time.
Nevertheless, it is vital to create infographics that have exciting stories for your target audience. A study by 99signals identified the three key elements that help infographics go viral:
- Amazing Design: It is no surprise that visually engaging and professionally designed infographics have the power to grab the audience’s attention, thus skyrocketing the number of shares.
- Well-Researched Statistics: The internet contains tons of information, which can be overwhelming for the audience. Statistical infographics allow you to present your data in the form of charts, icons, and images.
- Promotion and Outreach: No matter how professionally designed your infographic is, if you wouldn’t promote it well, it might fail to reach your audience.
5. Create Ultimate Guides and Publish Them
According to a report, 72 percent of marketers said that content marketing increases engagement. It means that it is nearly impossible to win the SEO game without a successful content marketing strategy in place.
Like any other content piece, guides play a crucial role in attracting the audience. It is because an ultimate guide is a very comprehensive resource on a particular topic. Hence, such type of content attracts backlinks as bloggers mention and link them in their content.
For example, if you’re writing a blog post titled ‘Amazing Tips to Get Started with Social Media Marketing,’ your content should revolve around the tips and tactics only. For an in-depth explanation of what social media marketing is, you can simply provide a link in your article to a social media marketing guide.
Here are some of the tips that can help you write an ultimate guide:
- Conduct detailed research regarding the topic of the guide.
- Add relevant examples and images for conveying the message effectively.
- Pick a guide template which compliments your information and presents it well.
- Include long-tail keywords in your content to attract high-quality traffic.
- Don’t forget to get your guide edited to make sure there are no errors.
6. Hire An Expert
All said and done, link building can be a challenging and time-consuming task, especially if you’re a beginner. It involves effective communication and relationship building for acquiring credible and relevant backlinks.
However, to gain backlinks, you can’t just email other website owners or editors, and request for a backlink. So, before you start with a link outreach campaign, you need to devise a proper link building strategy.
Not sure how to go about it? To avoid the hassle and guarantee results, you should consider hiring a link building expert or an SEO company that has expertise in link outreach services. It will save you from the tiring work of relationship building because the company you hired will already have an established reputation, which can be leveraged for getting more links.
In a nutshell, the key is to create high-quality content that has the power to attract links naturally. To boost your link building efforts, you should try out the tactics mentioned above and see which one works best for your business website.
Guest Post Author Bio
Mary Warner is an enthusiast blogger. Her compelling research and communication capabilities exchange offerings that have value for the reader. Her passion for writing has been an ever-evolving affair. She loves to share her views related to the latest trends in marketing, technology, eCommerce, and the like.