Every day, people worldwide use Google to conduct approximately 3.5 billion searches. You’ll get more visibility once your website begins to rank on the first page of Google’s search results – it means more traffic, more conversions, and more revenue if you’re running an e-commerce website. These SEO strategies to boost your lead flow from search are very important.
Search engine optimization (SEO) needs to be the top priority when you’re making online business strategies. SEO is an important part of any company’s website strategy. A recent study shows that 93% of online activities start with search engines, which is somehow logical – if you need something it’s natural that you’ll try to find it online by search. Long story short, the top result on Google has a 33% chance of getting clicked on.
How your website will rank for certain keywords will depend on your authority, which is affected not only by SEO but by other factors too. Of course, Google and other search engines continuously make changes to their algorithms to create a better search experience for users.
In this article, we’ll talk about the top ways to improve your SEO ranking.
1. Improve Your Page Loading Speed
Website speed is one of the basic SEO hacks. Almost 60% of web users expect a website to load in 2 seconds, with many abandoning the website if it has a problem to load more than 3 seconds. That means website speed is not only important to search engines, but also for users who may decide not to return to your website if it takes too long to load.
- There are a few different elements that contribute to your site speed. One of the biggest components of your site that could be affecting speed is your visual material – videos, images, etc. When you compress your images, you can drastically cut down the page size. When it comes to videos, it’s best for you not to upload them directly to a website but to use some platform specialized for videos (such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc.). This results in faster loading of pages for your site visitors.
- Of course, how fast your website will load depends also on your website host and your hosting package. Sometimes it may be your hosting solution that is inappropriate for your website: for example, if you have a big e-commerce website with lots of traffic, you’ll need a hosting package specialized for it. Today you can find reliable hosting companies with affordable packages, and all you need is to inform yourself and find out what exactly your website needs. Check out Hostinger – it has the best loading speed in all packages and also affordable prices. Here are a few more hosting companies to choose from.
Also, plugins can cause problems. Try to deactivate and uninstall all plugins you don’t use and get rid of those that are slowing your site speed.
There are always professional website developers and designers if you are struggling to improve your site speed – those who specialize in website maintenance will take all factors of your website and improve your load times.
2. Start Blogging
Blogs are the perfect tool for lead generation and help you engage more with visitors to your website. Relevant, fresh, and updated blog content can drive people to your website and give them a reason to stay on your pages searching and discovering for something they’ve come for. You can implement things such as links, keywords, and tags in your blogs, and break text with interesting images or videos. Once you establish a faithful community you can get lots of traffic every day and it can be a positive impact on your SEO.
How This Can Help
- Internal Links – Link to other articles inside of your website.
- Keywords – Include the keywords you would like to rank for in your title, the URL, and meta description. But, be sure not to stuff your article with the same keyword over and over.
- Tags – Use tags to let your readers know what the article is about. This will also categorize your blog posts by those tags. An example tag is “SEO”. When you write several articles about SEO and they are all tagged with “SEO” the user can easily find all of those articles.
3. Your Website Must Be Readable
Use terms your audience can understand if you want them to visit your website and spend some time there – your content should be written so everybody can understand it.
Grab your readers’ attention with a headline that essentially screams, “You’ll love this!” Also, try to use subheads because they can break up big blocks of text and summarize what the paragraph is about. Speaking of subheads, bullets and numbering can also be helpful – psychologically it’s easier to read some smaller parts of text than one big.
4. Optimize Your Website For Desktop And Mobile Devices
As you know, mobile use is on a huge rise – it’s easier to search on mobile devices because it’s always with you.
Actually, Google analytics says that mobile devices use is rising so fast that it’s overtaken computers and laptop devices – some researchers say that over 60% of Google searches come from mobile devices. According to that, Google recognizes this and ranks sites accordingly.
That means you need to optimize your website for mobile users: less is more when it comes to the mobile devices’ experience. Try to cut down information, content, and anything that may be too much for a mobile experience, adapt the design, and make it easier to use.
- This means you need to make sure your images have been compressed.
- Include plenty of white space so the article is easily digestible on a small screen.
- Cut down on too much information that isn’t needed. Remove the fluff.
- If your design has a lot of things loading on a page, cut those out.
5. Improve The Website’s Traffic And Engagement Metrics
Google appreciates and rewards websites with user engagement. When it comes to SEO, user engagement is usually measured by the amount of time that the user spends on your website – simply, the more time users spend on a website, the more likely they will be engaged by the content they find.
6. Improve Your Website’s Traffic And Engagement Metrics
The bounce rate has a huge impact on a website’s position on Google search rankings. There is also a correlation between bounce rates or the percentage of visitors who leave your site without any interaction and search engine rankings.
When users spend more time on a site they lower bounce rates, so it’s a signal to Google that users are engaging with the content because they find it useful. Since Google wants to provide the best search results for its users, it will reward websites with bigger engagement. To provide bigger engagement and more traffic, use all tips and tricks from above.
How To Improve Your Bounce Rate
- Make Sure Your Content Is Interesting And Useful.
- Include Appropriate Call-To-Actions Telling Your User Where To Click.
- Include Newsletter Signup Popups.
- Include Your Social Share Buttons In A Prominent Place.
All of those things should improve your engagement and lower your bounce rate.
Search engine optimization is very relevant and you need to concentrate on it right now and in the future as well, because, as you know, you won’t get results overnight. If you have just started focusing on SEO don’t get overwhelmed – make strategies, sit and think about your plans and start with the easier stuff. Check your traffic and search ranking daily and maintain your SEO strategy by your results. Be sure to call Matchbox when you need an SEO strategy.