Today, the new WordPress release, version 4.4.2 is finally here. The release is both a security update for all previous versions of WordPress and a maintenance release for sites running 4.4 and newer.
Since the announcement this morning, we have started the process to update all of our client’s websites to the latest version. If you have any questions about this release and how it affects your site, you can always Matchbox Design Group a call or submit a support ticket.
WordPress Release: The Technical Stuff
As outlined in the WordPress 4.4.2 Security and Maintenance Release announcement, this update address two security issues:
- A possible XSS for certain local URIs, reported by Ronni Skansing.
- An open redirection attack, reported by Shailesh Suthar.
This release also addresses several bugs that were introduced in 4.4.
- wp_list_comments ignores $comments parameter
- 4.4 Regression on Querying for Comments by Multiple Post Fields
- Pagination issue on front page after 4.4.1
Want to know more?
Check out the release notes for WordPress version 4.4.2 or give us a call @ 314.849.6969.
We’re always happy to talk about WordPress and the great community who supports it.