The Pros And Cons Of SEO
You have heard about all the positives of SEO strategies. Today we will discuss the pros and cons of SEO.
Now you want to try some out to see if they will work for you. Before you do this, you should look into the pros and cons of SEO usage before you leap into action. These bits of information can help you plan an effective SEO strategy for you and your business.
The Cons Of SEO
In real life and Hollywood movies, whenever someone says they have some good news and bad news, the other person always says, ‘give me the bad news first’. That is what we are going to do as we talk about the pros and cons of SEO.
We will give you the bad news first. But don’t get discouraged when you read them, the good news is just around the corner. Here are some cons to SEO strategies:
- Results are not instantaneous – You need patience and wait for the SEO to take effect. Search engine ranking and indexing can take anywhere from hours to weeks to do.
- RPIs are not quick either – Returns on investments do not show up the next day.
- SEO work can be expensive – It costs to use proper SEO strategies. It may be money you can’t afford to spend.
- No guarantees – SEO is not a magic wand that will bring your customer son demand. You may not see any results.
- Rankings are lost – This may be due to changes in search engine and algorithm changes.
- Competition – Your competition may be smarter than you and a lot more aggressive.
- Too many unknowns – You may not have the SEO knowledge to handle every situation that arises with a website and SEO strategies.
- Paid positions – There are too many paid opportunities for businesses to use to boost their ranking over you and get a prime spot on the search results page.
The Pros Of SEO
As promised, here is the good news. Hopefully, you are not too discouraged at this point. These positives should pick you up and keep you motivated to continue to use SEO strategies to boost your internet presence:
- Improved traffic – You get a great ranking to help attract potential visitors to your website. Organic searches list you at the top spot or near the top so you get the first clicks available.
- Improved web presence – Not just in organic searches but also in different applications. For example, Matchbox Design Group can help you be first on web pages like Google maps or similar sites where a lot of people go to before doing their generic searches.
- Target visitors – Instead of getting a lot of general traffic that has little interest in your services or products. You can target the right audience, who are more willing to use your services or buy your products.
- Greater internet presence – A good SEO strategy can ensure that your website is seen by more people. They may not come immediately to your website. But when the need arises, they should remember your website and search for it. The greater the presence the greater the traffic.
- Better conversion rate – Good SEO habits help design your website so that your visitors have an easier time navigating and getting the information they want. This helps turn visitors into customers.
- Creates business growth – When you get more visitors, you get more sales. More sales help your business to grow and develop. Also, almost 60% of those people doing internet searches, are looking for someone in their local area. That could be you.
- You’re an authority – Good SEO helps make you an authority on the products and services you offer the general product. The better the content, the better people look at you and turn to you when they need something.
- You have control – Doing your own SEO work helps you stay in control of your target audience, your content, and your internet presence. Staying in control keeps you focused and protected from other people’s mistakes. Your business rises or falls on you.
- Contract choice – You can sign up with an SEO company and let them do the work, or you can do it yourself. This flexibility lets you make SEO adjustments when you need to.
- Saves you money – SEO is a lot cheaper than traditional marketing methods. The internet also allows you to expand your presence into markets that would be impossible if you stayed local or with traditional advertising strategies.
Looking At The Bigger Picture
By now you should be pretty enthused by what good SEO practices can do for you and your internet presence. The positives absolutely outweigh any negatives. But before you let your enthusiasm take you away, you need to look at the bigger picture.
- You have a competition – A lot of it. With over 200 million internet websites up and running today, chances are there will be a few people offering the same products and services are you. You need to be prepared to compete with people who do the same thing at a cheaper price
- You need to be prepared – Thinking outside of the box, being innovative or creative may work for a while. But search engines and algorithms have a way of changing and putting you back at square one
- You need the right reasons – You just can’t go on the internet for the sole purpose of making money. You need to be able to add value to your potential customers’ lives and knowledge
Some Final Words
When you step into the SEO world, you should know what you are doing. The positives can encourage you and provide you with great motivation. But if you do not know what you are doing, you can make a vital error and cost yourself.
Make sure to get the right help from an experienced SEO person or company. Then make sure they are giving you the right advice. That way you know that your business has a good chance of reaping the benefits and avoiding the pitfalls of the negatives of SEO. These are all the pros and cons of SEO.