The common phrase, “the best things in life are free” rings true in the sense that Google offers its popular tool, Google Search Console, completely free to anyone interested in taking a deep dive into the data surrounding their website. What are the benefits of using Google Search Console?
In addition to the fact that Google Search Console (GSC) is completely free, users love it for a wide variety of other reasons.
Key Benefits Of Google Search Console
There’s no denying that GSC is a powerful tool for analyzing data surrounding the performance of your website. But what are some other benefits of using it as part of your SEO strategy?
- For starters, it’s an excellent tool for measuring your keyword topic cluster performance. It can also let you know how well your content themes are performing and if it’s time to rethink your content strategy to see better performance.
- Google Search Console can also pinpoint content with a click-through rate (CTR) of above 10% and which blog posts are ranking on the first or second page of Google for specific terms. This will let you know which blog posts to expand with more relevant keywords.
- Similarly, GSC will identify the most valuable branded and non-branded keywords to your company. Once you have this data, you can take the time to build a content strategy around these keywords.
- Think your website is finished? Think again. Google Search Console will also determine for you which pages are missing from your website. This will ensure you have the most comprehensive website possible and that your customers are left with lingering questions or concerns.
- If you aren’t sure which pages could use some improvement, Google Search Console will pinpoint the pages on your website with high impressions and low CTR that rank on page one in the SERPs. This will let you know where you can include CTRs for maximum performance.
- Google Search console will do the same thing for pages that rank on page two, so you can take the time to build up your content strategy and create content topics that will increase your authority on a subject matter, which will give you a better chance of ranking on page one for these terms.
- And finally, Google Search Console can decipher the queries for specific landing pages to drill down into new or irrelevant keywords that your pages are ranking for. On a similar note, it can decipher new ad group keywords and keyword themes for your business to take advantage of.
So Much To Take Advantage Of
Besides being completely free to get started, Google Search Console offers so many benefits to its users. With so many interesting data metrics and reports that can help you get a better understanding of how your website performs, what are you waiting for? Make an account today!
This article was published by James McMinn Jr, the Senior Digital Strategist at Matchbox Design Group.