Happy birthday to the USA! While you’re sitting back to enjoy the watermelon, hot dogs and fireworks enjoy these fun facts for the fourth that we worked so hard to find for you. Matchbox Design Group likes to make sure everyone that is reading our blog is well informed. That’s why we looked up a few fourth of July facts that you can use at your holiday celebration. You can quiz your crazy uncle or your grandpa and find out exactly how much they actually know about the 4th of July. Most likely they won’t know some of these, because they are just silly, but we wanted to have fun with our facts.
Here are some fun facts for the fourth to keep you entertained.
- There were approximately 2.5 million people living in the colonies in July of 1776. Today there are over 316.2 million in the USA!
- Three U.S. presidents have died on July 4. U.S. Presidents John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on July 4, 1826. James Monroe died on July 4, 1831
- Of all surnames on the 2000 Census, Washington was the 138 most frequent. The surname of Founding Father John Adams occurred more frequently at 39th place on the list.
- There is almost 33% probability that the hotdog you eat at a Fourth of July cookout came from Iowa.
- 200 people on average go to the emergency room everyday with firework-related injuries in the month around the Fourth of July. Of these injuries, 41% were on the hands/fingers.
Now if you want to get down to the real business at hand. Be sure to contact us to start your new website or other marketing project, such as Search Engine Optimization. Matchbox Design Group is a full service marketing agency and we will make sure your website is working for you.
[cta-button background_url=”http://matchboxdesigngroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/fourth-of-july-photo1.jpg” title=”Start A New Project Today” button_text=”Contact Us” url=”https://matchboxdesigngroup.com/contact-us”]