Full-Stack Developer: Now Hiring
We’re growing so we’re looking for an amazing Full-Stack Developer who specializes in WordPress. This is a full-time, in-office job. (Sorry, no outsourcing.)
Matchbox Design Group is seeking a Full-Stack Developer for a full-time position at our office in St. Louis, Missouri. We’re looking for someone who is fun, creative, has exceptional communication skills and is able to work well in a team environment. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of professional experience in the field and ready to start immediately.
Full-Stack Web Developer
Things we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in the creative industry.
- Experience developing sites for WordPress that utilize custom post types, custom meta and responsive design.
- A sharp portfolio filled with a wide range of sites.
- Strong understanding of typography, grids, layout and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of responsive design patterns, Git and other new web technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and shift between projects easily.
- Able to manage your own workload.
Things you’ll do:
- Convert Photoshop comps to WordPress themes.
- Assist in support for existing client websites.
- Build new features for existing websites.
- Estimate the time required to complete the work.
- Proof/test your code to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Contribute ideas and development strategies.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media.
- Can work in a team environment.
Things you need to know:
- WordPress (The loop, custom post-types and meta.)
- CSS, SASS
Things that would be good to know:
- Roots framework (Sage)
- Joomla! CMS
- Expression Engine
- Adobe Flash (We know, it’s crazy, but some people still need it.)
Overall, you must enjoy a close team environment and a job that differs from day to day. If you have all of these qualities, we want to talk to you. Send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.