We’re growing so we’re looking for an amazing Full-Stack Developer who specializes in WordPress. This is a full-time, in-office job. (Sorry, no outsourcing.)
Matchbox Design Group is seeking a Full-Stack Developer for a full-time position at our office in St. Louis, Missouri. We’re looking for someone who is fun, creative, has exceptional communication skills and is able to work well in a team environment. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of professional experience in the field and ready to start immediately.
Full-Stack Web Developer
Things we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as a web developer.
- Experience developing web applications using Laravel and Vue.js
- Experience developing custom web sites with WordPress.
- A sharp portfolio filled with a wide range of sites. Code examples if possible.
- Strong understanding of typography, grids, layout and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and shift between projects easily.
- Able to manage your own workload.
- Able to work on a large range of projects both old and new.
- Comfortable working with little direction (You’re provided the what/why not the how)
Things you’ll do:
- Build custom Laravel/Vue.js applications
- Convert comps to WordPress themes.
- Assist in support of existing client websites.
- Build new features for existing websites.
- Estimate the time required to complete the work.
- Proof/test your code to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Contribute ideas and development strategies.
- Keep up to date on technology.
- Can work in a team environment.
Things you need to know:
- CSS (Sass & Post CSS)
- Comfortable using the Command-line
- Using and maintaining build tools (Webpack, Gulp, etc.)
- Working with package managers (NPM, Composer, Homebrew)
- Working on a Mac
Things that would be good to know:
- Laravel or comparable PHP framework(s)
- Vue.js or comparable framework(s)
- Tailwinds.css or comparable framework(s)
- PHPUnit or comparable testing tool(s)
- WordPress managed hosting (WP Engine, Pantheon, Flywheel, etc.)
- Laravel/General Hosting (Forge, Envoyer, Digital Ocean, AS3, etc.)
- Visual Studio Code (It’s what we use but not required)
- Expression Engine
Overall, you must enjoy a close team environment and a job that differs each day. If you have all of these qualities, we want to talk to you. Send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or through our contact form https://matchboxdesigngroup.com/contact-us/.