Core Requirements & Responsibilities For Sales Lead
Things We’re Looking For
- Ability to integrate with a team of incredibly talented individuals
- Clear communication through phone, email and in-person meetings
- Incredibly detail-oriented
- Ability to accurately describe web technology and how it works for marketing purposes
- Understand processes, price points and expectations of clients
- Eager to learn and ask questions
- A sense of urgency
- A sense of humor
Things You’ll Do
- IDENTIFY potential leads for MDG – Includes some/all of networking events, cold-outreach, leveraging your personal network, frequenting hiring boards, frequenting local business forums, LinkedIn prospecting, Social prospecting, timely responsiveness to inbound inquiries. You’ll find the people and businesses most in need of our services whether they know it or not!
- QUALIFY leads into opportunities through the DISCOVERY process – You’ll learn enough about those businesses, their goals, and their challenges to know what solutions we offer would best help them.
- SCOPE solutions based on the information learned – You’ll understand what we do well enough to put together the right solutions for the client to consider
- CRAFT PROPOSALS to share the solutions – The cross-section of what you’ve learned about them and what we offer will formulate as a proposal to be presented.
- SHARE necessary project and client information with the Customer Success team upon execution of SOW. – Once the business is won, you’ll tee up the details and hand off the relationship to your MDG teammates so the project is a huge success.
- Maintain clean and updated CRM – “If it isn’t in the CRM, it doesn’t exist” We live that here at MDG and you will be relied on to live it as well.
- Receive constructive feedback and continuously improve – We try to get better at our work every day, and that means helping each other. You’re a team player and eager to learn how you too can improve.
- Offer constructive ideas around the process, positioning, and services – We’re already on an amazing journey but we’re going to need your help drawing the map as we continue. As the first sales hire you’ll be counted on to offer constructive input on process and practice to build a strong sales foundation at MDG.
- Stay abreast of industry and economic trends both in general and within our target market
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of web design and development process
- Solid knowledge of WordPress
- Candidates with experience in a creative firm will be given priority
- Experience with digital marketing including web design, web development, SEO, and PPC
- Experience with managing the top half of a funnel, from prospect identification to qualification and solution scoping.
- Management and maintenance of a CRM
- Utilization of Office Productivity Tools (MS Office, G Suite, etc.)
- Critical thinking
- Problem-solving skills
- Superior planning skills
- Decision making
- Communication skills
- Conflict management
- Digital marketing sales
- Firm grasp of – Graphic Design, Web Development, SEO, PPC Management
Contact Matchbox Design Group Today!
If your website could use a refresh or you’re looking to drive more traffic to your site, fill out the form below and we’ll contact you to learn more about your digital needs.