Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
Shopify powers millions of websites across the globe. As of November 2023, more than 2.9 million e-commerce stores were built on this platform in the US. Currently, this platform boasts a 28% market share outrunning WooCommerce Checkout (17%) and Wix Stores (18%).
With these dominating figures, Shopify doesn’t need any more introduction. However, even a feature-rich platform like Shopify needs customizations and enhancements to use it to its fullest capabilities.
Plus, having a Shopify store doesn’t offer strong results when the competition is so fierce. Without enough visibility in the search engines, you will fail to draw your audience’s attention.
No matter how stunning your Shopify store is, without visibility, it won’t find any new customers. Here tapping into a vast ecosystem of Shopify SEO plugins comes in. From designing, marketing, and accounting, to shipping and more, Shopify SEO plugins can take a huge load off your shoulders.
The only catch is finding the best one in the massive options available.
Don’t worry, we are here to help you pick the best Shopify plugins for your e-commerce site that will push you to the top in SERPs (search engine result pages).
Let’s get started!
8 Shopify SEO Plugins Your E-Commerce Store’s Rankings
With more than 90,500 businesses preferring Shopify to build e-commerce stores, this platform is undoubtedly becoming one of the most powerful platforms to grow your business, just like WordPress. The only difference between Shopify and WordPress development is that one is designed for WooCommerce and the other is for blogging.
However, when it comes to SEO, Shopify alone doesn’t support your marketing strategy to enhance your store rankings. For that, you require a Shopify SEO plugin to improve its position in the search results. These plugins make your website mobile-friendly and professional-looking. Plus, you can improve your local SEO with the help of these feature-rich plugins.
Here is the list of the best Shopify SEO plugins that you can choose for your e-commerce store.
1. SEO Booster
SEO Booster is one of the best tools to scan issues in your Shopify store that are impacting its ranking in search engines. Additionally, this plugin offers suggestions to fix all such issues to improve your store visibility in search engines.
This SEO plugin offers an easy-to-understand interface which makes it best for beginners. The support team offers immediate assistance whenever users need it. This plugin is capable of accomplishing a lot of SEO tasks in a short timeframe.
Key features of SEO Booster:
- Get installed within 30 seconds, scan website issues, and offer quick suggestions to fix them.
- Structured data make it easy for search engines to understand your site.
- Provide suggestions for improvement of description tags, meta titles, etc.
- Ease of bulk editing of product images.
- One-click sitemap submission.
- 14-day free trial.
- The Growth plan starts at $12.99 per month.
2. Smart SEO
This tool offers user-friendly interface. Smart SEO is one of the few plugins that enables users to manage SEO as a whole.
Key features of Smart SEO:
- Automatic generation of alt tags and meta tags for all products offered in the online store.
- Generates store’s sitemap automatically.
- Provides structured data to all products.
- Ease of including and excluding specific web pages.
- 7-day free trial.
- Paid plan is $4.99 per month.
3. Plug In SEO
Plug In SEO is one of the best Shopify SEO plugins that is used by more than 30000 store owners. This SEO plugin offers comprehensive features to optimize SEO, track all issues, give suggestions to fix them, and attract more traffic to our store.
This plugin gives you complete control of your Shopify store. It is very straightforward to use and easy to install. Using this tool, you can optimize duplicate page titles and heading tags. This plugin tracks issues and offers suggestions to fix all problems in your website.
Key features of Plug In SEO:
- Automatic adds schema markup across product pages.
- Ease of setting targeted and focused keywords across product pages.
- Ease of monitoring organic traffic.
- Google Analytics and Google Webmasters tools integration is easy.
- Fixes broken links and image alt tags.
- 7-day free trial.
- Paid plan starts at $20 per month.
4. AMP by Shop Sheriff
AMP by Shop Sheriff is another best Shopify SEO plugins that improves your visibility in search rankings. As the mobile-friendliness of a site is one of the important factors in ranking well in search results, this SEO plugin makes your online store fast and mobile-responsive.
AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) makes your web pages very accessible to all types of users. AMP pages minimize bounce rates and increase conversion rates. This SEO plugin makes your online store faster as it helps it load quickly.
Key features of AMP By Shop Sheriff:
- Easy to install and set up.
- Using this plugin, you can optimize your SEO and URLs to get higher rankings.
- Ease of editing AMP sidebar links.
- Integrating Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics for more optimization.
- Creating AMP-specific visions of all pages of your e-commerce store is easy.
- Free Basic Plan.
- The Hobbyist Plan is $9 per month.
- The Company Plan is $29 per month.
- The Enterprise Plan is $99 per month.
5. Rich Snippets For SEO
Rich Snippets for SEO make your online site’s content more understandable to search engines. If you add these structured data markups to your e-commerce store, it will make your website stand out in the SERPs. This will help you improve your conversion and click-through rate.
Using rich snippets for SEO, you can drive more relevant traffic to your Shopify store as it helps you display detailed information about your products and services in the search results. You can easily add and display direct links to your Shopify store social media profiles through social schema.
Key features of Rich Snippets for SEO:
- Display positive reviews of your products and services in the search results.
- Ease of displaying detailed information about your products in the SERPs.
- Checking out the price for each product is easy for the target audience.
- Customers can check out reviews and availability of products.
- Optimize the navigation of your e-commerce store by adding breadcrumbs snippets automatically.
- One-time charge is $59.
6. All In One & Auto SEO
All in One & Auto SEO plugin is another best plugin that helps your Shopify store rank higher in search results. This plugin is used by more than 2800 ecommerce store owners. This SEO plugin tracks how many times your content is shared on social media and the overall performance of your keywords.
This SEO plugin thoroughly analyzes your online store and highlights issues that are impacting its ranking and need a fixation. It generates meta tags and alt text automatically. This plugin executes the basic SEO functions of your online store.
Key features of All in One & Auto SEO:
- Google Webmasters Tools automatically detects 404 pages and broken links.
- Offers suggestions for the performance and speed of mobile and desktop versions of online stores.
- Tracks how many times the content was shared on social media and the most relevant keywords.
- Ease of creating templates for meta tags.
- 7-day free trial.
- Paid plan is $8.99 per month.
7. SPO (SEO Product Optimizer)
SEO Product Optimizer is specifically designed to increase the visibility of your e-commerce website in search results, social media, and mobile devices. This Shopify SEO plugin provides product suggestions for each product that you have in your store.
Using this SEO plugin, you can increase the relevancy of your site’s product pages and help you drive huge organic traffic to your store. This SEO plugin also provides suggestions on how to improve search engine ranking for each product page.
Key features of SPO (SEO Product Optimizer):
- Setting up custom titles, product descriptions, and images on social media channels is easy.
- Powerful customizing features for product description, making it relevant for the target audience.
- Automatic keyword insertion options on product title, main content, description, and more.
- Overview of competitors’ product pages and their performance in terms of optimization.
- Free plan.
- Paid Plan will cost $15.99 per month.
8. SEO Content Blocks
As Shopify doesn’t allow users to create additional blocks to their store, SEO Content Blocks enable them to meet this requirement easily. Without relevant content, you can lose your prospective customers to your competitors.
Using this SEO plugin, you can freely add content blocks to any section of your product pages or homepage. This is a simple-to-use SEO plugin that doesn’t require coding language to access it.
Key features of SEO Content Blocks:
- Adding content blocks on any section of your website including the top, sides, and bottom, homepage, and product page is easy.
- FAQ sections, expandable content blocks, slides, and other types of content blocks can be added.
- Boost overall SEO by optimizing each internal link structure present on the website.
- Free 9-day trial.
- The Basic Plan is $5.99 per month.
- The Standard Plan is $9.99 per month.
- The Premium Plan is $19.99 per month.
|14-day free trial
Starting at $12.99 per month
|7-day free trial
$4.99 per month
|Plug In SEO
|7-day free trial
Starting at $20 per month
|AMP by Shop Sheriff
|Free Basic Plan
$9 – $99 per month
|Rich Snippets For SEO
|One-time charge of $59
|All In One & Auto SEO
|7-day free trial
$8.99 per month
|SPO (SEO Product Optimizer)
$15.99 per month
|SEO Content Blocks
|Free 9-day trial
$5.99 – $19.99 per month
Due to continuously fluctuating algorithms, SEO has become one of the most challenging aspects of online business. However, having the right Shopify SEO plugins can make the entire process easier and accelerate your marketing efforts.
Using the aforementioned SEO plugins you can improve the overall performance of your online store. So, pick the one that suits you the best and take your online store to the top of SERPs.
Contact Matchbox Design Group Today!
If your website could use a refresh or you’re looking to drive more traffic to your site, fill out the form below and we’ll contact you to learn more about your digital needs.