Matchbox Design Group is seeking a visual designer who can bring talent and unique perspective to each part of our design process. This person will have at least 2+ years of experience in designing graphics and other digital products that are both functional and visually appealing, along with great communication skills and collaborative nature.
Job Type: This is a full-time, remote position.
Our goal at Matchbox is to deliver designs that are equal parts functional and visually pleasing. We are looking for a visual designer who is eager to hop into the design process to not only create website layouts but create photo edits, illustrations or motion graphics to complement the user experience. We want someone who is able to creatively think outside the box while applying best practices for content, digital strategy, branding and user experience.
Success in this role will heavily depend on one’s ability to communicate ideas, collaborate with team members, and create beautiful work. We want someone who emulates our core values of being empathetic, patient, open-minded and good-humored. If you are someone who takes your work seriously but not yourself, then you’ll fit right in!
- Graphic Design: 2+ years (Required)
- Website Design: 1+ years (Required)
- Digital Agency: 2+ years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Knowledge of the WordPress platform (Preferred)
- Basic knowledge of SEO (Preferred)
* Candidates with experience in a creative firm will be given priority.
- Work on all brand and web projects from a design perspective.
- Create infographics and other illustrations for primarily web use.
- Help identify and design brand guidelines (logos, colors, etc.) for clients.
- Develop strategy for branding and user experience
- Help create wireframes and website designs.
- Work collaboratively with digital strategists, designers and developers.
- Speak to clients and present your work
- Help develop and improve processes
- Provide strategic advice and direction
- You have 2+ years of agency experience. (preferably in a web agency)
- You’re a great communicator. You can answer difficult questions on the fly and summarize complex conversations in a few clear sentences. You can also help others express their own thinking.
- You’re autonomous. You see problems and get to work solving them. You’re comfortable trying things you’ve never tried before and you take responsibility for every part of the success of the work you do.
- You’re reliable and detail-oriented. You’re a process nerd who loves systems. You pay attention to specifics and don’t let details slip through the cracks. You can manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively between them.
- You have experience and opinions about how to tackle creative work. Maybe you’re a certified Scrum Master or a master design sprint facilitator. No matter your background, you’re not afraid to adapt your process or try something new when the situation demands it.
- You’re empathetic and comfortable addressing conflict. You challenge directly and care personally. You know how to frame a difficult situation to avoid misunderstanding, name problems, and move toward a solution. You bring optimism, clarity, and calm.
- You love great digital work. Perhaps you’ve done some engineering, branding, or design work yourself. You don’t need to be an expert, but you’ll need a basic understanding of the broad strokes of design, development, content strategy and SEO – allowing you to translate complex technical language into simple terms.
- You have a sense of urgency. You keep important deadlines on your radar at all times. You know when important project assets are due and can help remind the rest of the team of those deadlines in a respectful manner.
- Phone screen
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Video panel interview with a cross-section of the company
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program