We Are Hiring!
We’re growing so we’re looking for an amazing Support Engineer who specializes in WordPress.
If you have the skills to help our clients we would love to talk to you.
About Matchbox Design Group
Matchbox Design Group is a marketing company specializing in web design, development and SEO. We pride ourselves on our technically savvy and customer-centric approach to building for the web. Our team is a close-knit group of talented individuals that love to collaborate and deliver results.
Job Description: Matchbox Design Group is seeking a Support Engineer for a full-time position at our office in St. Louis, Missouri. We’re looking for someone who is fun, creative, has exceptional communication skills and is able to work well in a team environment. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of professional experience in the field and ready to start immediately.
- Engage with our customers — anything from a small advertising firm or a university, to Fortune 500 clients
- Triage customer issues, debug and find workarounds if possible
- Communicate via email and video conferencing with potential and current clients
- Prepare and provide customer training, and make the training materials widely available
- Improve Matchbox processes through customer interaction
- Submit and comment on bug reports and feature requests based on customer interactions
- Create or update documentation based on customer interactions
- Engage with the development team to escalate bugs, solve problems, or obtain missing information
- Maintain good ticket performance and satisfaction
- Meet or exceed SLA times consistently
- Reliably respond to on-call emergencies
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support and making customers happy
- Enjoy solving many small problems per day
- Ability to triage and resolve bugs
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics clearly in written and spoken English with customers via tickets, Zoom calls, etc.
- Experience with support platforms (e.g. Zendesk, GitLab, Asana, etc.) preferred
- Experience writing support content
- Experience managing the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- In-depth experience with WordPress
- Experience with Git
Overall, you must enjoy a close team environment and a job that differs each day. If you have all of these qualities, we want to talk to you.