Junior SEO Account Manager
Matchbox Design Group is seeking a marketing professional with the right performance and culture fit to serve as a Junior SEO Account Manager. This position will focus on attending to client needs, leading reporting meetings, and overseeing projects and deliverables. Ensuring that the final deliverables are within scope, budget, delivered on time, and in line with expectations is key to the success of the Account Manager.
Job Type: This is a full-time, remote position
This person would be a new addition to our SEO team and would serve as the primary point of contact for clients via email, phone, and any other client-facing project management platforms. The ideal candidate should be excellent at customer service, have good communication skills (both internally and with the client), be attentive, organized, detail-oriented, curious, proactive, and have the ability to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
We are also looking for someone with a baseline understanding of SEO and experience with Google Analytics. These skills will aid them in reporting meetings when presenting data to clients. We are looking for someone who can not only effectively communicate reporting data but also act as an educator to ensure a mutual understanding of goals, strategy, and supporting services. We would also like someone who is eager to learn new skills and can contribute to weekly team strategy meetings.
- 1-2+ years of related experience in client-facing Account Management
- Knowledge of SEO best practices (technical, on-page, off-page, local)
- Knowledge of SEO driven content marketing
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.)
- Experience with reporting
- Analytical mindset
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to collaborate with internal and external teams
- Prior experience with Basecamp, Asana, SEMrush and other marketing platforms a bonus
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients via email, phone, and any other client-facing project management platforms
- Provide daily account service to clients’ accounts via phone, email and project management platforms like Basecamp.
- Serve as an impactful extension of each account’s business and/or marketing department; operate with each business’ best interests in mind
- Develop strong client relationships to reinforce the foundation of each Matchbox partnership
- Remain up to date on digital marketing industry trends; expand knowledge of broad digital marketing platforms and strategies, especially around channels such as organic, paid, email, and more…
- Develop account-level strategic ideas and solutions through individual and/or team brainstorming efforts
- Educate and ensure a mutual understanding of goals, strategy and supporting services
- Lead informal and formal reporting and strategic planning efforts; provide meaningful insights tailored to each account
- Drive thought leadership by sharing opportunities with accounts based not only on your expanding knowledge of digital marketing but also on Matchbox’s service capabilities
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with team members and assist with deliverables
- Participate in weekly/monthly client calls, eventually leading these calls. This includes providing an agenda for the call, taking notes, and providing follow up.
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients by understanding focus and needs and anticipating them in advance.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to expedite workflow.
- Ensure that deliverables are on point with strategy
- Responsible for budget management including tracking and reporting
- Support and solve problems for clients by understanding and exceeding their expectations.
- You have 2+ years of agency experience. (preferably in a web agency)
- You’re a great communicator. You can answer difficult questions on the fly and summarize complex conversations in a few clear sentences. You can also help others express their own thinking.
- You’re autonomous. You see problems and get to work solving them. You’re comfortable trying things you’ve never tried before and you take responsibility for every part of the success of the work you do.
- You’re reliable and detail-oriented. You’re a process nerd who loves systems. You pay attention to specifics and don’t let details slip through the cracks. You can manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively between them.
- You have experience and opinions about how to tackle creative work. Maybe you’re a certified Scrum Master or a master design sprint facilitator. No matter your background, you’re not afraid to adapt your process or try something new when the situation demands it.
- You’re empathetic and comfortable addressing conflict. You challenge directly and care personally. You know how to frame a difficult situation to avoid misunderstanding, name problems, and move toward a solution. You bring optimism, clarity, and calm.
- You love great digital work. Perhaps you’ve done some engineering, branding, or design work yourself. You don’t need to be an expert, but you’ll need a basic understanding of the broad strokes of design, development, content strategy, and SEO – allowing you to translate complex technical language into simple terms.
- You have a sense of urgency. You keep important deadlines on your radar at all times. You know when important project assets are due and can help remind the rest of the team of those deadlines in a respectful manner.
- Phone screen
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Video panel interview with a cross-section of the company
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program