We Are Hiring!
Table of Contents
We’re looking for a development manager to help our dev team grow.
About Matchbox Design Group
Matchbox Design Group is a marketing company specializing in web design, development and SEO. We pride ourselves on our technically savvy and customer-centric approach to building for the web. Our team is a close-knit group of talented individuals that love to collaborate and deliver results.
Job Description: While you are technically credible and know the details of what developers work on, you spend your time organizing dev projects and putting team members in the best position to succeed. You own the delivery of project commitments and should always be looking to improve productivity. You must also coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals.
- Help your developers grow their skills and experience
- Author project and feature requirements
- Author project plans for epics
- Run agile project management processes
- Facilitate Sprint planning
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture as well as getting involved in solving bugs and delivering small features
- Ensure project features and processes get documented
- Actively seek and hire talent
- Conduct managerial interviews for candidates, and train the team to screen candidates
- Generate and implement process improvements
- Hold regular 1:1’s with all members on your team
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary
- Improve overall code quality, security, and performance
- Exquisite communication: Regularly achieve consensus amongst departments
- 2 years or more experience in a leadership role with current technical experience
- In-depth experience with PHP, JS, WordPress, and Git
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep WordPress experience
- Deep Laravel experience
- Deep Vue or React experience
- Digital agency experience
- Passionate about open source and developer tools
- Incredibly detail-oriented
- A sense of urgency
- A sense of humor
*Note: Open to discussing remote opportunities while working +/- 1 hour of the Central time zone.