We’re growing our team and are looking for an experienced, responsive and outgoing full-stack senior developer.
At Matchbox, we strive to create lasting partnerships with clients. As our team and clients have grown over the last 10 years, so have the complexity of solutions we implement. We are now constantly adding new features and enhancements while also maintaining a large number of websites and web applications.
Due to this growth, Matchbox Design Group is seeking an experienced, full-stack developer with extended agency experience for a full-time position at our office in St. Louis, Missouri. We’re looking for someone that is responsive, fun, creative, has exceptional communication skills, and is able to work well in a team environment. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of professional experience working with clients and enjoys developing unique solutions and solving problems.
Things we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of agency experience
- A full-stack developer
- Can work well directly with clients to solve their problems
- Experience working in sites built with WordPress that utilize custom post types, custom meta and responsive design
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Clear, concise technical writing
- Can schedule support and development tasks
- Understands urgency
- Can make clear cut, concise decisions
- Team-oriented and capable of directing developers
- You can manage your own workload
Things you need to know:
- Comfortable with the terminal
- Setting up/maintaining servers
- Setting up/maintaining other infrastructures such as deployments or continuous integration.
Things that would be good to know:
- SASS or comparable CSS preprocessor
- Vue.js or comparable JS framework
- Gulp, Grunt or comparable task runner(s).
- Webpack, Browserify or comparable module loader(s).
- NPM/Yarn, Composer, Bower or comparable dependency manager(s).
- Vagrant or Docker
- PHPUnit, phpspec, Codeception, Behat or comparable testing tool(s)
- Adobe Flash/Animate (We know, it’s crazy, but some people still need it.)
Things you’ll do:
- Develop and implement fixes, features, and enhancements
- Meet with clients, account managers, and other developers to discuss the objectives and requirements of the projects
- Coordinate your development schedule with account managers
- Interpreting the client’s business needs and recommending/developing a solution to suit their purpose
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and help provide quotes for clients
- Contributing ideas and development strategies to the overall project brief
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media
- Ability to work with designers, copywriters, photographers, other developers, account executives, SEO specialists and marketing specialists.
Overall, you must enjoy a close team environment and a job that differs from day to day. If you have all of these qualities, we want to talk to you. Fill out our employment form below and attach your portfolio and resume in PDF format. Thanks, and we’ll be in touch.
Go back to our Employment page.