Matchbox Design Group is seeking someone with great communication and organizational skills who will be able to ensure that our website projects are running smoothly from the discovery phase all the way through launch. This person would help advocate for client needs, express creative ideas and keep an eye out for unique opportunities.
Job Type: This is a full-time, remote position
As a digital producer, you will be working closely with our clients and internal teams to ensure clear communication throughout each phase of a website project. We want someone who can act as both an educator and project lead for our clients – providing guidance, breaking down complex digital concepts, and reporting on the status of important project-based tasks.
In addition to working with clients, you will also work collaboratively with our internal teams to help define, create, and launch our digital solutions. Some of your responsibilities would include creating timelines, organizing tasks, scheduling meetings, enforcing deadlines, and serving as the main point of communication throughout the entirety of the project. Success in this role is highly dependent on adept communication skills, a high level of organization, and the ability to visualize and execute each phase of a web project.
- Digital Agency: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Account management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Digital Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Partner with clients to understand their business objectives, audience/users, and vision.
- Work collaboratively with digital strategists, content creators, designers, engineers, and leadership to analyze work opportunities
- Be the primary contact for our clients
- Own project setup by getting the right processes up and running, coaching clients who are new to our workflow, and onboarding new team members to the project
- Prepare accurate status reports
- Build and maintain project timelines for all projects you manage
- Own, adapt and improve the processes we use to deliver digital work
- Identify and drive forward opportunities for project extensions or growing client relationships
- Strategize about how to accomplish our clients’ goals and work with cross-functional teams to make it happen.
- Ensure that everyone is at their best and knows what they need to do to keep the project on schedule.
- Think through problems, prioritize work, anticipate risks, and clear up miscommunications.
- We believe every member of the team is responsible for communicating openly and kindly with clients. You’ll lead this effort: encouraging direct conversations between experts, clarifying details, and making tough decisions feel easy.
- You’ll keep a steady eye on the long-term schedule, the big strategic ideas, and what might be coming down the road — but you’ll also be zooming into the tiny details that affect the day-to-day of making great digital products.
- Organize all aspects of a digital project including meetings, tasks, agendas, schedules, notes, and tools. You’ll create and track just enough to make our work clear and achievable.
- You have 2+ years of agency experience. (preferably in a web agency)
- You’re a great communicator. You can answer difficult questions on the fly and summarize complex conversations in a few clear sentences. You can also help others express their own thinking.
- You’re autonomous. You see problems and get to work solving them. You’re comfortable trying things you’ve never tried before and you take responsibility for every part of the success of the work you do.
- You’re reliable and detail-oriented. You’re a process nerd who loves systems. You pay attention to specifics and don’t let details slip through the cracks. You can manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively between them.
- You have experience and opinions about how to tackle creative work. Maybe you’re a certified Scrum Master or a master design sprint facilitator. No matter your background, you’re not afraid to adapt your process or try something new when the situation demands it.
- You’re empathetic and comfortable addressing conflict. You challenge directly and care personally. You know how to frame a difficult situation to avoid misunderstanding, name problems, and move toward a solution. You bring optimism, clarity, and calm.
- You love great digital work. Perhaps you’ve done some engineering, branding, or design work yourself. You don’t need to be an expert, but you’ll need a basic understanding of the broad strokes of design, development, content strategy, and SEO – allowing you to translate complex technical language into simple terms.
- You have a sense of urgency. You keep important deadlines on your radar at all times. You know when important project assets are due and can help remind the rest of the team of those deadlines in a respectful manner.
- Phone screen
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Video panel interview with a cross-section of the company
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program